If your job is like the main course of your day, and the private time you share in the evening with friends and family is dessert, then consider that transition time between the two your mental palate cleanser.
Just ask Aveda Ambassador Vanessa Packer, who is the founder of modelFIT and a certified organic nutritionist, who says that having a winding down ritual after work “is essential for preserving the sanctity of my personal life.” It also enables her to be more present for her family.
Try Vanessa’s tips to decompress and start the evening off fresh:
1. Meditate: “Sitting quietly, clearing your mind, and reconnecting with your breathing is an effective way to center yourself after a busy day”, says Vanessa. It doesn’t have to be long, but it must be purposeful. Try enhancing your experience with a spray of an Aveda Chakra™ Balancing Body Mist.
2. Take a hot bath: Vanessa’s favorite add in is our Stress-Fix™ Soaking Salts, but she also keeps a hot tea handy.
3. Read or do something non-work related: This triggers your mind to leave the office. It could be as simple as looking over the part of the paper you didn’t get to in the morning, or cooking something fresh for dinner.
4. Take a hot yoga class: “The sweat and detox helps me unwind,” says Vanessa.
5. Engage in some self-care: Vanessa is a fan of our Tulasāra™ Radiant Awakening Ritual. See the video here:
“I love dry brushing to help bring a glow to my skin,” Vanessa says. If you incorporate the Tulasāra™ Radiant Oleation Oil into the treatment, like Vanessa does, you can also use this time to breathe deeply and enjoy a little calmness.
Most important? Unplug! “I definitely take a break from computers and social media during this time. I'll usually read, listen to music, just enjoy being home and at peace. It's called quiet time for a reason!” she says.
LOVING THESE WELLNESS TIPS?